Protecting Your Real Estate Interests
For most of us, buying or selling a home is one of the most exciting times in our lives, but it is also one of the largest financial transactions we’ll ever make. One that involves a lot of moving pieces. One misstep, improperly worded document, or uniformed decision could place you in a state of financial hardship, entrench you in litigation, or have you facing other potential legal issues.
The stakes are high. When in doubt, having a seasoned real estate attorney to review documents and give guidance can mean all the difference between walking through a smooth deal on your dream home, instead of crawling through what turns into a purchasing nightmare.
If you’re contemplating entering into, or are in the midst of, a real estate transaction, you should consult with a lawyer right away.
If you plan to buy your first home, trade up to a larger home, or downsize now that your children are out on their own, a real estate attorney at The Nice Law Firm, LLP can provide you with the insight and legal guidance needed from start to finish. It’s what we do.
If you’re a buyer, The Nice Law Firm, LLP can:
- Explain the details of your purchase contract
- Protect you from hidden liabilities with respect to your new home
- Review real estate documents that relate to your title, mortgage, and taxes
- Record legal documents pertaining to your real estate transaction
- Attend your closing (or more commonly review all documents prior to closing) and address your questions
- Ensure that you receive valid ownership documentation
If you’re a seller, The Nice Law Firm, LLP can:
- Ensure that your purchase and sale agreement properly reflects your intent and protect your interests
- Deal with any defects in your title as reflected in the title commitment
- Counsel you during negotiations with the buyer
- Guide you through your closing
If you’re a landlord, The Nice Law Firm, LLP can:
- Review and comment on your form lease or draft a new one – whether commercial or residential
- Counsel or assist regarding evictions
- Counsel re insurance coverage, claims, or disputes
- Provide representation in litigation with tenants or before administrative authorities
If you’re a tenant, The Nice Law Firm, LLP can:
- Commercial only:
- Review and negotiate commercial leases
- Provide representation in litigation with landlord
- Provide general business advisory services and representation
- Residential Only:
- We do not currently represent residential tenants
We also handle:
- Title problems
- Boundary disputes
- Tax sales and notices
- Mechanics liens
- Judgment liens
- Mortgage liens
- And more!
“I need a real estate lawyer near me!” – Look no further. We are conveniently located in Indianapolis, Kokomo, Martinsville, Terre Haute, and Lebanon – and we handle real estate matters throughout the state of Indiana.
The Nice Law Firm is fully equipped to assist you with an array of property-related legal concerns. Call now to learn more about the services available to you. Call us today at (317) 269-3500.
“I had a wonderful experience when I chose The Nice Law Firm to represent me. Their team was knowledgeable, responsive, kind, and effective in every step of the process needed to resolve my legal matter. I wouldn’t go anywhere else!” – Evangeline D.